Monday, May 13, 2019

Comment Replies…

glittermom said...

Did your mom have a recipe book where she wrote down her special recipes? My mom had one and I like to look through it and remember things she made that I had forgotten. She wrote in it long ago before there were ball point pens. We just had fountain pens. So her recipes are mostly written in pencil. Which after so long are fading.

Andrew replies…

Glittermom, no she didn’t sadly. I know many of her recipes by heart like her tangy chicken and sour cream and mushroom chicken. Those were always crowd pleasers when I was growing up. A lot of her recipes came out of Nadine Knowles’ cookbook Don't Forget the Parsley.  Search for it on the web and you may find a copy. It was printed in 1976. Nadine was a true Southern lady and she cooked Southern food.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I did a Search...the cook books from 1976 and out of print. If you have a copy hang on to it.