Thursday, May 02, 2019

Dangerous Liaisons…

Maggie’s watching me on the floor as I type this. It’s a good thing she can’t read as she would shoot out that dog door and not come in until sundown and the coast was clear.

Dad called me this morning and said he would help me get Maggie out to the veterinarian this afternoon. Her tenaciously persistent yeast infection on her chest and neck is back. It worries me deeply. She smells almost like a bakery. She has been scratching constantly lately. It must itch something terrible.

“You’re going to have to drive while I hold her,” I told my father.

“She’s also going to pout with us for a week after doing this,” I added with much caution.

“Be sure to bring a clean towel,” dad replied. “In case she releases her bladder in the car and/or in the lobby.”

My biggest and most deep seated fear is that Maggie will escape us and we can’t catch her. She’s as wild as an Indian when she gets off her leash or her collar comes loose.

2 comments:

Iris Blue said...

Could you crate her?

Andrew said...

She's a pretty heavy dog. I am not sure, to be honest.