Thursday, May 23, 2019

I Feel Like a One Legged Man at an Ass Kicking Contest…

glittermom said...

Don’t you have other internets you could get? We have AT&T, directv,spectrum,wow and dish available to us. I have AT&T and they just ran fiber optic cables in my area so I’m hooked up to that now. Suppose to be better and faster.

Andrew Replies…

Glittermom, we have two main choices of internet in town and that is WOW! and Charter’s Spectrum. The fastest speed Spectrum offers is 100 Mbps. I am using WOW!’s 1000 Mbps service or Gigabit service. So you can see my conundrum. I want the speed, but it seems to be coming at a price. I would love to have fiber optic internet here as it is fast and reliable as all get out.

As far as Dish and DirectTV are concerned, they are alternatives, but if my memory serves me correctly, the upstream with those services is still old 56k dialup and latency reigns supreme with above 100ms pings.

As soon as dad gets finished eating his breakfast, him and I are riding back out to the WOW! office nearby. Dad is hoping his favorite receptionist and old customer is working today.

No comments: