Friday, May 03, 2019

Goodnights Are Better Than Goodbyes…

Sometimes I feel like I am caught in groundhog day – each day repeating itself ad nauseum. The alarm clock once again shrilly rang out at 6:45am. Tracy climbed out of the bed with a moan at being woken so abruptly. I turned off the alarm and escaped to the screened porch to have my first cigarette of the day.

“Just think!” I said excitedly as Tracy dressed. “One more day at work and you have the weekend off.”

“Let’s pray I don’t have to work Saturday until lunch,” Tracy replied.

“It is so strange not having the Magster in the house,” Tracy then told me. “It is too quiet!”

“She’s going to be so mad at me for putting her through all that,” I replied with a weak chuckle.

Maggie should be home around 2pm. She’s getting the “works” including a grooming and teeth cleaning. It is going to take some time to do all they were going to do to her.  I keep thinking of her having to sleep on those cold concrete kennel floors. I know she must’ve been uncomfortable last night.

The smell of breakfast is still lingering hours after I cooked this morning. I fried some sausage patties and baked some Mary B’s buttermilk biscuits. It made for some mighty fine sausage biscuits.

No comments: