Saturday, May 25, 2019

Yeah, I am Friends With the Key Disease…

Dad, me, my brother and my sister all got the key disease where we temporarily lose our house and car keys all the time. Charlie likes to say it is what put my mother in an early grave as my mother always knew where her keys were.

“Y’all all drove her crazy over all these years,” he says.

We inherited it from dad’s mom who could never find her house keys and car keys as well.

Last night, I ran to Kroger to get some sausage and milk for breakfast this morning. I purchased my items and walked back to my car. Well, I put my sausage and a gallon of milk in the truck and got back in the car and couldn’t find my keys. Marshall, a Down’s Syndrome man who works at Kroger, knocked on my window and said, “Your keys are still hanging in the trunk.”

I walked around the car and there they were – still in the trunk hanging from their key receptacle.

Well, dad loved hearing this story when I got home and called him. We both laughed and laughed.

“I can’t fault you, son,” he said. “I have the key disease, too!”

No comments: