Monday, May 27, 2019

Yes! Back to the Safe Confines of Home!

I made it through the shadowy social veil of Mordor and emerged unscathed. (Lord of the Rings joke.)

It is about an hour’s drive to my sister’s house. Tracy kept drinking these all natural fruit drinks saying she was dire thirsty.

“You keep that up and we are going to have to stop at every gas station and fast food restaurant on the way to Alex City to use the bathroom,” I told her.

Well, it certainly happened. It took us an hour and a half to reach Mary’s house. 

My sister pulled me to the side at one point and asked,”Were did you find her? She is gorgeous!”

I smiled an “aw shucks” smile and said we met when I was volunteering at the Humane Society. It was the first time for my sister to meet Tracy. Of course, Tracy is a mostly social creature that enjoyed getting to know my family.

“You’re right about the grandkids being pod people,” Tracy told me on the drive home. “They walk aimlessly around with their faces buried in their tablets and phones.”

“I am wondering how they manage to keep from falling over stuff,” I quipped back jovially with a smile. “It must be pod people radar.”

No comments: