Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Damage control or the day after…..

I feel much better today. There is nothing like a good night’s sleep and a comforting delicious breakfast to get a new day off to a good start. I awoke around 8 AM to the sound of the phone ringing. It was a good friend and we had a good talk. She had read my blog and wanted to talk to me about what was going on. To you, my friend, and you know who you are, our conversation this morning was nice and I appreciate it. I wish there was a way I could pay you back for the charges.

Days like yesterday do pass. I just had to weather the storm. I have pampered myself today and have tried to make life as comfortable as possible. I fixed a large breakfast of a ham and cheese omelet, buttery grits, and some toast. I topped it off with an ice, cold glass of Orange juice courtesy of concentrate.

I then walked upstairs and ran the tub full of hot, very hot, water. I brought along a book I am currently enjoying and soaked in the tub for a good hour. I know taking a bath instead of a shower is wasteful and not frugal but I do treat myself on occasion. I deserved a hot, sudsy bath and I took one.

After bathing, I fixed a lunch of two grilled cheese sandwiches, a dill pickle spear, and some ruffles chips. It was comfort food and I needed comfort. For supper, I made some homemade vegetable soup which simmered in the crock pot all afternoon. I ate that with a hot, steaming pan of buttermilk cornbread spread liberally with butter. Food for the soul has been the motto for the day. I was not worried about calories or gaining weight today like normal.

I feel much, much better tonight and am enjoying a good movie this evening that I have “acquired”. We won’t go into any details on that. Well, I must close but I did want to check in. I am reading a book called Uncle Tom’s Cabin or Life Amongst the Lowly. It is a fascinating book that deals with slavery in the pre-civil war United States. I had some thoughts I want to share and will endeavor to blog a post about my thoughts on this matter tomorrow. Good night and be well.

No comments: