Tuesday, August 16, 2005

About George

Pipe Tobacco asked in a comment yesterday for me to more fully flesh out George. George is around fifty years old. He is short and balding. At 6’3” I tower over him. George also wears a “captain’s” cap everyday with the frilly fringe on the bib and is almost never seen without dark sunglasses. He also has an affinity for some of the loudest Hawaiian style shirts you will ever see and wears them often.

George really does have a heart of gold. He occasionally does stupid stuff that can get him in trouble but they are mostly victimless crimes such as dabbling into drugs occasionally. His biggest vice is driving under the influence as he makes his living carrying people around in his car for money. Most black people in my area are still very poor and mired in poverty and many of them cannot afford a car so George takes up that vacuum.

Most of the groupies that hang out down at the Pig are untrustworthy and are, quite frankly, swindlers. George does like to bum the occasional beer, but if push came to shove he would look out for my best interests down there. I know if something happened that I could go to him for help and he would try to help me at the best of his abilities. You just have to catch him when he is sober.

No comments: