Monday, August 29, 2005

Ferret, Just a Walkin’

It never fails that if I get in my car to drive through town I see Ferret walking somewhere. For months he disappeared as he apparently was working up in Atlanta. Now, I see him looking dejected and just moping along the streets and sidewalks seemingly headed nowhere almost every time I get in my car. He sure has been a man of his feet lately. This morning I asked George what was up with Ferret. If there is any gossip on the Piggly Wiggly Groupies then George knows it.

“George, what in the hell is Ferret doing and where is he going?” I asked. “I see him everywhere.”

“Dat poor-ass nigga sez he can’t stand sittin’ in da house or down here at da Pig,” George replied. “He be sayin’ his momma be drivin’ him crazy. He just walks all day.”

“Is he headed somewhere?” I asked inquisitively.

“Not as far as I know,” George replied. “I think dat nigga kinda be off in da head after coming back from Atlanta.”

“Well, didn’t Ferret have a truck?” I asked. “What happened to it?”

George laughed.

“Dat dumb-ass sold it for $500 dollars,” George replied. “He said he was going to Florida with dat money to live with his brother, but he spent it all on beer and weed.”

As always, George knew what was going on with the Groupies. Lately, Ferret has been more of a wandering nomad rather than a Piggly Wiggly Groupie though.

No comments: