Monday, March 05, 2007

Crazy is as Crazy does…

I was just sitting here and eating my bacon, eggs, and toast as I thought, I have got to get back on track. There should be some kind of brain chemical analyzer on my computer that doesn’t let me write on such days. I really got it in my head that leaving town was the only viable option. I wanted to be homeless, because I thought it would be a more stable environment than my home. That’s sad and crazy. Next time you see some crazy homeless man on the corner talking to himself think that could have been my friend Andrew.

Well, here’s to getting back to stable this week. It can sometimes take a week to get back on track after I go off my medications for a few days during one of my “episodes” as my father calls them. I feel much more rational with even thinking this morning. My father never showed up to take my car keys and credit cards away last night. He just worries that I will get in the car and kill someone when I get to thinking so crazy. Who knows? I could have tried to drive to Nashville last night in my fit of craziness and really got into some trouble. Lost, paranoid, and most likely ending up in jail.

post signature

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Hello again, dear friend. You have the right attitude, and that will get you back on track, one step at a time. Call if you want to talk.

Jenn said...

Hi Andrew,

I've been reading for a while now, but not commenting. I just wanted to let you know that I'm pulling for you. I have a friend with the same illness as you, but he's much worse off. He can't live on his own at all. I'm sending you some good thoughts.

austere said...

Scary. Since I have a great gene line I wonder too, sometimes if it'll hit me too. But there wont be anyone to pick up the pieces. So many ppl look out for you, Andrew, isnt that something?

Jenna said...

Hey Andrew,
been checking out your reading for a while now...hang in there you can so do this, we all have falls it's learning to keep on going that matters:)