Sunday, March 04, 2007

Reality Sets In…

My friend Kristen called me and talked some sense into me. It was good to hear her voice.

I must once again relinquish control and give my wallet and car keys to my father tonight. That is hard for me to do being 34 years old. I just got myself into a pickle over this whole drinking and Rosa deal. I am a terribly sensitive fellow if you don’t know by now.

“If you leave, then I am going to have Maggie put to sleep,” My father told me over the phone.

That hit home deeply. I would never want harm to come to Maggie. I have tried my best, despite my limitations, to take good care of her. She doesn’t lack for anything.

Well, I am just going to be quiet for awhile, take my nightly medications, and soon, hopefully, sleep will arrive.


post signature

7 comments:

Kristen said...

It was good talking with you, Andrew. Give Maggie a hug for me, and I am sending one to you, too.

abbagirl74 said...

I am appalled that your father would make such a statement to you about an innocent animal. He would put Maggie to sleep because of a choice you made? What does an innocent animal have anything to do with that? Why couldn't he just find a home for her instead of saying such a thing?

Bobby said...

I can't sleep unless there's a fan blowing nearby. Like not on me, but nearby.s

Jay M. said...

I agree. It seems like such a strange threat. Your father seems like a smart man, and my assumption is that he knows how much you care about maggie, and the lengths you'd go to keep her safe. Sometimes, we don't make the best choices for ourselves, but we tend to make choices that will be good for the ones we care about.

Maybe he knew that even if you were in danger of slipping away, and were ok with that, you would realize what you should do for maggie's sake.

austere said...

He's just acting to get you on line.He wouldn't.

Amanda said...

Big hugs to you and Maggie.

Kristen said...

Good morning, Andrew. Yesterday is behind you.

Today is a new day for new choices.

Wanda is a good friend. Could you call her?