Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sleepless Nights…

I tossed and turned until my covers were a mess and finally just got on up. That is such a miserable feeling and state of being. At least, I have all day to sleep which will throw my schedule into helter skelter. It shows how I can’t take too much going on in my life.

All was quiet on the home front last night despite my greatest fears. Carolyn never showed up and I never got another call.

“Has she shown up yet?” My father asked when he called to check on me.

“Thankfully no,” I replied. “I didn’t want to have to deal with all that tonight.”

“Well, you go get some rest and I will talk to you in the morning. Don’t forget to take your nightly meds.”

“I’ve already taken them.”

“Good,” He said. “You go to sleep.”

I hung up the phone unaware of the long night ahead of me.

9 comments:

greglo said...

It's morning here, a beautiful sunny day. Soon I'l go to the gym and swimming pool. then back home for a late lunch and a nap. Then I'll do some work till dinner and the night should be beautiful too. So by 9 PM it should be time for a nice night walk, enjoying a good pipe under the stars with noone but rocks and trees, plants and animal, fresh air....

... hope you finally get some sleep. Take care Friend!

Laurent

Summer said...

I want Laurent's day.

It was a toss and turn, rumble, tumble night for me too.

C.A. said...

I really like the new look of your blog! So sorry you had a rough night, although I feared while reading the first paragraph it was due to a phone call or visitor. I'm glad that portion of the evening passed peacefully.

Enjoy your day today...maybe you can sneak in a nap.

Hugs...

Angel said...

I have nights like that a lot. But, I never get up. I fight it and eventually fall back asleep. It would be better if I just got up though.

And, the look of your new blog is AWESOME! I love it and it's my favorite by far. Don't change it!

m said...

i love the new look!

jane said...

your blog looks beautiful.

i'm pulling for you.

Kristen said...

The new look IS very snazzy.

I note the lack of a date of posting. I was away for a couple of days and caught up, but was confused by not knowing when things were written!

The scrolly things are nice. When I doodle, I tend to make such curves and designs, though not nearly so fancy.

I was glad to hear that you are remaining firm on being 'friends' with Carolyn. You are far more mature than she is (in my opinion) and she will be forever tossing you around (again my opinion.) Being with someone and having to pay that price is really not worth it!

Have a great Sunday.

Amanda said...

Will you do my blog? Just kidding. Sort of. :D

-Lo said...

Your blog truely looks refreshing. Very spring like. I lurve it!!!

I hope that your day is rockin better than your night.

Huggs n snuggs

-Lo