Thursday, March 08, 2007

For Annabel…

Just to let you all know I haven’t been sitting on my duff these past few weeks as far as my new house is concerned, I put up some pictures from this morning on my photo blog. The workmen came and put my new kitchen floor in this morning and I paid them. I also got my kitchen, laundry room, and bathroom painted. The only thing left is the kitchen cabinets and I am just going to put a fresh coat of white upon them in the next few days when I get up some money to buy some more paint. The blue on the dish washer is just a protective plastic covering. It will be white when I take it off. A contractor is coming by today to give me an estimate on Maggie's fence. I am pretty sure I am going to accept the offer and work will commence.

This has been a two year project and the end is in sight. I will be moving in two to three weeks. I am so freakin' excited!!!! I have been living in limbo ever since my divorce years ago.

*You can check out the photos over at my photo blog.

post signature

13 comments:

C.A. said...

Andrew, I am SO glad to be able to see your smiling face in the form of your profile pic!

Augs Casa said...

Are you kidding me?? A dishwasher! I am a southerner (Texas) we never had dishwashers in our home. ha ha ha

I hope you are well now amigo. I really enjoy your posts.

Kristen said...

Ditto on the smiling face. Nice to see you again!!!

So exciting on the house progress. We should have an e-party celebration right here at the blog when you move in!

Proxima said...

Yeah an e-party, I'll bring the virtual bubblies :>

Looks great, how exciting!
-P

Christina said...

Everything looks AWESOME Andrew. It's going to be wonderful...

Congratulations on all the progress!

Grad007 said...

That sure is a beautiful looking house!

Andrew said...

Thank you all for the comment. I certainly better stick to virtual bubblies instead of the real thing. You don't want me hanging from the chandelier or sleeping with street people. :-)

zirelda said...

I'm very happy for you Andrew. There just isn't anything quite like moving into your own home.

I did it last year although the renovation project started a couple of weeks before we moved in and will probably take a couple of decades!

Good going!

Cheryl said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you. I'm heading to your photo blog now.

abbagirl74 said...

Have you started packing yet? I bet you are so excited. Congratulations, my friend. 2006 was a good year, wasn't it? You deserve something good.

Andrew said...

Abbagirl74,

I don't really have much to pack other than my clothes and my computer junk. I just don't own many material things so it will be an easy move. A lot of my friends have banded together and I am going to have some very nice furniture though. Charlie is responsible for this. I am also getting a lot of my late grandmother's furniture such as her piano and stuff. I have to wait and see what my father and Charlie decide to give me though. I know I am getting the new Kimball upright piano.

Kristen said...

A piano! How exciting. There was one in my home as a child and I always loved playing on it by ear. When I hit my 40th birthday, I decided it was time for me to learn. (By then I had moved into a house that came with a piano.) And, by gosh, I did, for awhile. I learned to play the first movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the dark with my eyes closed. (Well, I did not learn that way. I could play that way after I learned!)

Do you think you will start?

Andrew said...

Kristen,

Piano was my minor in college. I still play occasionally when the mood strikes. I took lessons all throughout my childhood. I hope this finds you well.

Andrew