Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fools

“Dad, I just drank a whole case of beer and am drunk as hell,” I told my father last night in a slurred drunken voice over the phone.

“Where did you get it?” He asked. “I thought you were broke. I just don’t know what we are going to do with you.”

“APRIL FOOLS!” I hollered out laughing, discarding the drunken timbre to my voice.

My father burst out laughing as well and was so relieved it was an April fool’s joke.

“You really had me going,” He said. “You sounded so drunk over this phone.”

“I just couldn’t resist,” I said. “I apologize.”

“No, don't apologize,” He said. “I love it. I deserved that.”

We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone with me still smiling and chuckling. Ya just gotta laugh along with me and not at me. I can be so mischievous sometimes.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am totally laughing along with you. Your Dad's a sweetheart for finding the fun in what you did.

DraMa said...

That is funny! Your dad is such a good sport! I was waiting for you to tell us that he was really pissed off at you for that:)

Good for you!

Dorid said...

ROTFL... OMG, when I saw the first line ***I*** nearly had a heart attack.

well, I am laughing along with you. I decided to forgo the tricks on my kids this year, since I need to take time off between the really good ones so they don't suspect ;)

Terroni said...

You are wicked funny!

EE said...

LOL...love it!!!

KYRIE said...

Great one!But ur poor dad!

M said...

(-: I am happy that you and your dad can joke about it!(-:

abbagirl74 said...

Ah! I am feeling sorry for dear old dad. What a sweetheart for being so understanding. You are a mischevious one!