Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Explaining RSS

Lisa of Ladybug Hill fame had asked me about RSS feeds. It is now the de facto way I read my many blogs I keep up with on a daily basis. I use Google Reader which is easy if you already have Gmail or a Google account. You can easily search for your favorite blogs and then hit “subscribe.” Viola! You are done and now ready to read via the RSS feed. I am subscribed to over thirty blogs and only have to visit one webpage to see if any have updated. It simplifies the whole blogging experience. The only downside is that it makes you a lot less likely to comment as you have to visit each individual blog to do so. I just love technology. Hehe.



DraMa and Fatty nominated me for a “Thinking Bloggers Award.” That was very kind of them and brought a big smile to my face. It is nice to know that someone appreciates and takes pleasure out of what I do every day by writing this journal. Drama tagged me to do the same and nominate some, so I ask you to visit my favorite blogs below to your left. These people are my first stops everyday encouraging me to keep blogging on. My favorite blogs are people that write every day and do not disappoint other than Waiter Rant. He makes up in quality what he lacks in quantity.

Once again, thank you DraMa and Fatty. I appreciate it very much and encourage you all to visit their blogs and tell them Andrew sent you.

9 comments:

abbagirl74 said...

You are such a doll!

LAB said...

Thanks for this post Andrew....such a great thing to know that I can just subscribe...I'm headed over to do that now...

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I presume I am no longer a must read, correct?

PipeTobacco

abbagirl74 said...

Andrew,
I forgot to mention that your blog is the very first one I look at. You can probably tell from your site meter. :)

Cheryl said...

Hey, I'm a leftie. I better get busy writing!

Jason Graves said...

Andrew-

I feel the same way about Waiter Rant. But I love the fact that you update so frequently, sometimes more than once a day. You also have a great writing style, and reading your blog is like reading a good book about a different type of lifestyle.

You let me get away from my own troubles for a while every day, and I appreciate that greatly. Keep it up!

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

Andrew!

Long time no 'see'! I've been busier then I can say settling in and trying to find a job. I've neglected my blog completely but plan on resuming soon. I've missed you and your blog so much, but moving from one continent to another and trying to start life over with a 2 year old takes up every bit of time I have had.
But I'm 'back' and wanted to say Hi. I hope you're doing well when you read this.
Take Care,
Liz
P.S.
Hi to you too Abbagirl. Missed you as well!

Annabel said...

Great information but when I added you the screen says that 4th Avenue Blues has no items. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

madnilk said...

wow, you sure do busy with blog activities... want to be like you no more fuzzy work just blogging all day... ho3

its seem you have so many ideas how to make post on daily basis...

keep up your superb work