Friday, August 01, 2008

A Little Frosting on Top...

"I'm up! I'm up and coming," I hollered at a knock on the door a moment ago.

It was Mom with groceries.

"I got you some cupcakes with chocolate frosting," Mom said excitedly. "I want to try one."

Mom often buys me sweets with the intent to try a bite or two.  It works out well in my favor. 

I realized today that I could never leave the house.  Everything including cigarettes are brought to me.  Don't think it is not tempting.  If it wasn't for work, I could truly become a hermit. 

I received a strange email from "The Homeless Guy" last night.  It really took me by surprise because I thought he hated me.  He wants to compare good books we've read lately.  I haven't been much of a book reader lately.  I kind of got excited about it all and was glad he is displaying a flag of truce. 

5 comments:

Jessica said...

This post made me smile! :)
Your mom buying you sweets, and then trying them. Cute! :) Cupcakes sound yummy!

On another note, I think a truce is good!

Have a great weekend!

Joanne said...

Hi Andrew, I wish I can email you if only I have your address

jane said...

been there done that with getting cats into carriers - it's like harnessing a snake - next to impossible!

our dog pees at teh vet as well - they totally expect that.

hope all is well.

what are you reading? i would be interested.

jane

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

mmmmmm!
! Yummy!
Enjoy the cakes Andrew!

susan said...

Your mom is as sweet as cupcakes!