Monday, August 11, 2008

Finger Foods fit for a Goddess...

Mom made a mad dash over to my house a moment ago.

"I can only stay ten minutes.  Can I have one of those chocolate iced cupcakes I bought you?"

I laughed heartily and got Mom a cupcake and a paper towel.

Every Monday night is a meeting of elderly ladies at Julia's house.  Mom is the youngest and could be the daughter of most of them.  They talk and gossip and eat finger foods.

"All they talk about is that Catholic church," Mom told me with a smirk.  "I really don't like going."

I, for one, am glad Mom has something to do every Monday night.  She will fuss and complain, and then enjoy her time there, joining in on the gossip.  

8 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad she has some where to go, too. She seems like such a nice lady!

CJM-R said...

Glad to see you back blogging today. Missed ya!

M said...

I think anything that gets your Mom out of the house and out of bed for a few hours is a good thing. Glad she has something to do on Mondays.

Tee said...

What is she going to do with just one cupcake? LOL It's good for her to get out.

Cheryl said...

I'm glad your mom made a quick trip. Maggie must have been one happy pup. It's good that your mom gets out, even if she complains about it.

Are you watching the Olympics? I've got a newspaper next to me, my laptop on my lap, and am watching the synchronized men's diving. Talk about multi-tasking.

Have you been to a meeting lately? Like your mom, it's good to get out.

100 days till your 1 year mark. I'm so proud of you. Who would have thought, you know?

Summer said...

Hey! Glad to see you back to blogging. I love your mom. I wish I had a group of women to gossip with on Mondays. Ha!

Give Maggie a hug for me.

Thodgson said...

Oh it is so good to see you back! Monday night w/ the ladies is a hoot for your mom. I know I just got back from my Monday nite Ladies time too.
Take Care and enjoy yourself!!!

Leann said...

I see the piano in your house Andrew, do you play?