Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Temper the Bad with the Good...

I had such a great day yesterday.  "For the first time in my life, I know what contentment feels like," I told Dad as I was taking my medications last night.  This led to a discussion of some of my various shenanigans when I was very ill.

"You remember the time you thought Emeril Legasse was coming to pick you up and fly you to New York for his TV show?" Dad asked.

I laughed. "I can't believe I thought that at one time.  I thought it was real though."

My medications always make me dopey and drowsy, and soon I was in the bed for another day.

Today?  I am feeling kind of shaky.  Not too bad.  But I've had a few close calls with anxiety attack symptoms.  I was lying in the bed this afternoon watching Stargate: Atlantis, and my heart started to furiously race.  I lay down flat and still, and got to feeling better.

I do have somewhat of a treat to look forward to tonight.  I've got a big pot of vegetable soup on the stove.  The wonderful smells have been torturing my taste buds for hours.  All I have to do is make some cornbread.

11 comments:

Cheri said...

I don't comment often, but I do enjoy reading your blog.

I'm glad you're having more good days than bad...

and congrats on 9 months sobriety!!! (it might be a few days shy - but close enough)

Are you expecting to get any remnants from Fay?

Ellie said...

Hi Andrew. How have you been? I was just wondering how in the world you got your blog to have sidebars on both sides. Gadgets on both the left... and the right. I tried to figure it out but I messed my whole blog up last night trying to see what I could do. :D

CRUSTYBEEF said...

yummie cornbread!!Hope your not feeling as anxious anymore.
I HATE that when that happens!

g'nite!
elizabeth

Kelly Jene said...

Mmm that sounds wonderful for dinner. I have leftover Chinese to eat.

I sure hope the attacks stay away!

Moonroot said...

Hope you're feeling better today. Your soup & cornbread sounds wonderful!

SOUL: said...

hiya andrew-- sorry i haven't been around for a while-- i've been fallin behind everywhere all summer it seems.
you make the most yummy soundin simple country dinners.
i need to remember to cook that way and get back in the kitchen.. i've all but bankrupted us this passed year goin to restaurants -- there outta be a law.
take care --and happy humpday-

Summer said...

How was dinner?

Jessica said...

It's funny that you mention soup in the middle of August. :) I've been eating it all week for lunch...just been having a craving. :) Hope today is good too!

Kirs said...

Andrew,
So happy to hear you're having a better day! The soup you're making sounds awesome and it's good for you too. Will make everything feel better. Too bad Maggie can't have some? LoL

jane said...

i think it's great that you have the ability to laugh at some of your "shenanigans" -

who made the soup?

why aren't you waxing poetic about fay - the storm down in florida - thought you'd be into that!

jane

Tee said...

OMG, homemade soup and cornbreak is absolutely my favorite meal in the whole wide world!!! It's a little too hot for me right now to enjoy soup, but I can't wait for the first cool days of fall because you can be assured I'll be making us a big pot of soup and a big pan of cornbread. That, my friend, is better than steak!