Thursday, August 28, 2008

Doggie Crack...

Mom just brought by a bag of cheese and bacon dog treats.  Maggie knew what the bag was and immediately went ape-shiat bananas. 

"Gimme, gimme, gimme," she seemed to say with her frantic little dance on the floor.

"Should I give her some?" my mother asked.

"Give her two," I replied, smiling. 

These little moments make me wonder if this is how parents feel about their children on Christmas day.  The sheer joy of this little moment with Maggie is shared with Mom and me.  Despite the endless dog hair and Maggie's incorrigible need to slumber the day away, I love her dearly.  She has brought so much joy and personality to this little house in J-Ville. 

14 comments:

Upsy-Downsy said...

In regards to Maggie's shedding...do you brush her a lot to get the loose hairs out?

(M)ary said...

my dog simon (sir poopalot on my blog) goes nuts for certain treats. he really is intolerable because he knows what cabinet they are kept in and he sits and stares at the cabinet endlessly.

2sunset said...

Hey (m)ary,
Put a chair or sofa by the front window. Sir P. Will think he's died and gone to heaven - being able to look out at all the goings on. Maybe the lure of the cabinet will fade.

Just an idea. Dogs are good people aren't they?
: )

Jenn said...

Toooo funny. Just yesterday I refered to Snausages as 'Doggie Crack'.
My girls go nuts when I treat them with a bag. Usually we just have the regular biscuits.
Love your pictures of Maggie.

Kelly Jene said...

Seeing your children fully joyful is what "it's" all about. I'm glad you feel joy when Maggie is happy. It's nice to share in joy no matter who is having it!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

like a cat with her catnip.
:)

happy Labor day!!

Jessica said...

Doggies love treats! LOL

Moonroot said...

I love hearing about Maggie! She's adorable.

simonsays said...

I'm happy to hear that you are keeping Maggie perfectly spoiled...that's what dogs are for, right?

Happy Friday Andrew---

Hugs.

Jenn said...

Just enjoy her, hair and all. My cat died yesterday and even though I had him for 15 years, it wasn't long enough. I spent all day yesterday crying.

C.A. said...

Andrew, I had to move my blog. The new address is www.iamlittledynamite.blogspot.com

I wanted to make sure you had the new address so you could stop by, my friend!

Hugs!

C.A.

Leann said...

You give a good visual of what she must look like :-)

Enjoy your sweet Maggie.

jane said...

so glad to hear you could deal with NPR - know it's tough for a lot of people to take, but im love it!
jane

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hey Andrew. hope the weekend and late august weather is treating you well!

Thanks for sharing!