Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Taking Matters into Hand...

Mom knocked on my door very early this morning.  I could hear her stumble up my steps.  It was time for my every two week injection of sanity potion.  I had just taken a long shower and then shaved.

"I'm driving," I said calmly, but firmly after I said goodbye to Maggie and locked the front door.

"What did you do last night?" Mom asked.

"The usual," I replied as I drove. "I fiddled around with my computer and watched TV."

"We have pitiful lives," Mom said laughing jovially.

Mom was right.  My mother and I both need to garner more life. 

Mom has been recruited on my injection days to make sure I actually go get the injection.  My natural tendency is to just stay in bed and avoid it. I get tired of all these pills and injections.  

I got the injection in my right buttock and soon we were driving back up through the Valley.  Mom had fallen asleep in the car and was snoring softly.  I stopped at McDonald's and got us two small cups of coffee and we headed home.    

8 comments:

Ellie said...

hi. i think you have a very interesting life! thanks for sharing it!

<3 ellie :)

justLacey said...

I don't think your life is much different than a lot of people. Apart from the meds, most of us probably lead pitiful lives.

Tee said...

There are lots of people that would trade for your "pitiful" life. There is so much drama in many, many lives and they would give their eye teeth to have a more calm life. Enjoy and appreciate your life, you have so much. I realize sometimes it's dull, but hey, that's good.

Rob said...

Hi, I'm a long time lurker and have come to the conclusion that me and you are doppelgangers living 3000 miles apart, I too had my risperidal shot in the right ass cheek today, we've both got blogs and are tech nerds, we're both over 6'2", both love coke and nicotine and we share the same troubles with social anxiety, maybe we're twins which were separated at birth

Leann said...

It's nice to see you're feeling better these days Andrew. Every time you say 'buttocks' I think of Forest Gump...lol

Rich said...

So, I stopped in to see what Andrew has been up to... same old tricks it seems.

Bridget said...

I second what Tee wrote. My life is full of drama that I don't want and it's been a tense week in my universe. I would love to be able to keep what's positive and get rid of the drama, if just for one day. In my world, some of the best days are when I do a whole lot of nothing.

Chandira said...

Buttocks? Ouch!! I bet that hurts..

I can tell from that post that you love your mom a lot, it just comes through, somehow. It's nice.