Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Deliveries into the Sunset...

It is 5 PM and I am sitting in my office.  I am overcome with fear of the prospect of facing the public today.  My father, on the other hand, is in his element in public.  Call him a natural born speaker.  I envy him.  He would have made one hell of a used car salesman.   

"Could you take a look at Veronica's computer?" my father's co-pharmacist just asked.

Dad is off today.  She left before I could respond.  I wanted to say, "only if it doesn't mean leaving the safety of my office."

The positive side of my working is it forces me out in public and to be sociable.  That is usually reserved for AA, but the people in AA are different -- different minded than most people I meet in public. They are more accepting and giving. 

Soon, it will be time for me to get in the company van and make deliveries.   I hope I can mentally hold it together enough to make it home.  Let me gather the mojo to get this thing done.  Good night.  

8 comments:

Mo said...

Sending the vibe for you to get and to hold on to the mojo.

(((HUGS)))

Kelly Jene said...

Hey you, you can do it! You've proved to yourself time and again. You'll get through this hiccup. Hugs!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Has the sunset by you and your rough day passed?

I hope soo!!!

elizabeth

Summer said...

I often slam the phone down at work and say, "I hate people!" I don't mean it though. I find in my practice at work that most folks just want to accepted, like we do. Don't worry, you'll find that people can and will be accepting of you. You can do it!

Your friend,

C

Leann said...

Hang in there Andrew. I KNOW you can do it. I also have days when the last thing I want to do is be social.

Cheryl said...

People are so much more accepting than we give them credit for. At least that's what optimistic me hopes for. Did the night go well?

Hope today finds you content. Any rain out your way?

Portia said...

I agree, sometimes people have their own defenses set up that make them seem unaccepting, when in fact they are afraid of the same thing. Anyway I hope it went well and you got some good rest:)

SoundHunter said...

Hope you enjoy the new gig