Thursday, August 21, 2008

Three's Company...

Worked all morning on teaching Maggie to walk on a leash.  It was slow going and she balked at every chance.  She would wiggle out of her collar every time.  I finally got to a point where she was doing pretty good then mom came over.  I probably said, "dammit" a hundred times. 

Mom stayed two hours while we sat and watched TV.  Maggie goes bananas at mom arriving and you would think we had a dignitary in our midst.  It tickles me cause Maggie will jump in mom's lap and lick her on her face.   She would never do that to my father or I.   It is funny how dogs know what they can get away with. 

I am cleaning tonight -- cleaning for my house cleaner.  I don't want Helen to think I am a total slob.  The house was pretty messy today with dog hair everywhere.   It seems Maggie is already molting for the winter.  

12 comments:

Summer said...

You make me laugh. Years ago when I could afford a housekeeper once every two weeks, I would clean before she got there.

What's up with that?

shinyruby2 said...

haha I thought I was the only one to clean before the cleaner came! Glad to know I'm not alone : )

jane said...

i clean for my cleaners too - hilarious that we all do it!

Cheryl said...

So, you can teach an old dog new tricks? Maggie's probably saying, no way Jose.

My house is picked up and no dog hair, but I'd love to have my own cleaner. Dream on, Cheryl.

Portia said...

Most everybody seems to do that. I was just teasing my dad about it the other day.

Happy weekend:)

Portia said...

the cleaning, i mean.. it occurred to me i was a little vague.

:)

simran said...

The life and times of a middle aged college professor. Join him as he talks about liberal libations, pipe smoking, and coming of age as a college professor. One of my favorite blogs and I think you will find it interesting, too!
----------------------
Linc

Alabama Alcohol Addiction Treatment

Kelly Jene said...

I hear you on the pet hair. Ugh. My cats are leaving clumps everywhere. We tease that we could make another kitty from all that fur!!

I hope Maggie gets used to the leash, how neat to take her for walks!

Leann said...

I had to laugh at the leash fiasco. So funny. Guess Maggie knows who's in charge huh?

justLacey said...

I am shocked you made it a week over without your shot. Maybe that accounts for the business in your head the other night. I'm glad you are well though.

Jenn said...

I would clean before the cleaner came too if I had one!
You should think about a harness for Maggie if she slips her collar a lot. My sister uses them on her dogs to prevent neck injuries because they pull on the leash. They are fairly inexpensive. I'm glad you're trying the leash with her. A nice long walk is always good for dogs and humans :)

Leann said...

Curious minds wanna know..did you say 'dammit' a hundred times or 'dammit Maggie' a hundred times? LOL