Friday, August 15, 2008

A New Morning Dawns...

Early this morning in the cool air I was sitting out on the steps of my back deck.  Maggie had her stuffed plush dog trying to remove whatever guts are left.  My thoughts turned to Joyce as I drank my coffee and had a cigarette.  Joyce loved to do the same.

"Life's too short," I told an inattentive Maggie.

Maggie brought her stuffed toy to me and dropped it at my feet.  I rubbed and scratched her back vigorously.  I wanted to savor this moment forever.  I was feeling well for the first time in days.  Maggie was happy.  My relationships with my family were good.  The sun shone down on my good fortune. 

6 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Glad to hear Andrew.
You can't beat the simple things can you? Mans best friend, mug of coffee and late afternoon sunshine.
Sounds good to me!
Thanks for sharing!

Summer said...

Those early morning moments are certainly worth treasuring for a life time. Enjoy.

(M)ary said...

(-: i sure did need to read something positive this evening. i had a migraine today and those always get me down and leave me feeling lonely. so, instead i will remember how lucky i am to be alive and enjoying a relatively good life.

LM said...

Your comments affect so many of us in such a positive way. Thank you, Andrew!

CJM-R said...

You melt my heart.

Take care, Andrew.

justLacey said...

I'm glad you are back to feeling well again. That is always a good feeling, isn't it?