Saturday, February 14, 2009

Breakfast at Dad's...

Dad asked me what I wanted for my birthday this morning.  I was trying to think of something practical.

"More games for your Wii?" he asked.

"I know!" I replied. "Let's get the one-hundred-thousand mile service done on my Honda at the car dealership in Lagrange."

"That is what we will do then," he said. "We'll get your car washed as well."

I feel really good today (knock on wood).  You won't hear any complaints from me.  It is raining and Maggie is asleep on the bed.  I think I will got get lost in Zelda for the Wii.  It is the perfect day for video games. 

7 comments:

anonymous said...

Darn, I thought you'd get curtains.

Gulf Coast said...

yeah, how about those curtains? You may never get them. Hey I still do not have curtains on some of my windows and I have been in my current home for two years.

Kathy said...

Curtains are over rated -- Let the sunshine in! I took all the curtains down -- they're just dust catchers. I like practical gifts like the car checkup.

Lena said...

Something about a rainy day with a dog or cat sleeping on the bed that makes me feel secure.

Jay M. said...

Andrew, you said it. I'd love to just get lost in some video games for a while.

Summer said...

When is your birthday? Is it today? Happy Birthday!

I love curtains, but I think my car needs servicing too.

Cheryl said...

How did I miss your birthday? Sorry :( I hope it was happy. I'm about 5,000 miles past my 60,000 mile service. You picked a great present!