Sunday, February 22, 2009

Visits in the AM...

One of my cousins came by early this morning with gifts.  She brought a big bag of homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Breakfast was four cookies and a glass of milk.  I really shouldn't been eating them (diet), but I am a sucker for homemade chocolate chip. 

Maggie cornered a possum on my back deck this morning as well.  There was a wild 20 minutes of ferocious barking until I got a broom and swept the possum away.  It rolled over, finally played dead, and I took it by naked tail to the backyard and gently set it free. 

Today is my great aunt's 93rd birthday.  She amazes me with how well she does.  She still lives alone, gets up, fixes breakfast, and cleans her kitchen.  She has to use her walker now, though.  Dad is taking her to some nice restaurant on the backwater.  I was invited, but decided to stay home.  Not sure if I can take all that social stuff anyway today. 

6 comments:

Jami said...

We get an occasional possum to our backyard. He likes to eat the cat food. I think they are so cute! I'm sure he appreciates you setting him free.

Kathy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Kathy said...

There was a typo -- so I deleted -- what I meant to say was...Chocolate chip cookies are my absolute DOWNFALL! I could never just eat a few. You must have a will of iron!!
You're gentle and kind, too. Many would not have been so sweet to a possum.

happyone said...

Ah chocolate chip cookies - my favorite too.

kristi said...

Yummy! Chocolate chip cookies!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Happy 95th birthday to your great aunt. That's amazing!!!

how delicious were those cookies? Any left? :)

happy sunday.
me
E~