Friday, February 20, 2009

Maggie's Late Christmas...

I stepped outside early this morning to check Maggie's outside water bowl.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving.  Down at the far end of the yard was a stray cat who had jumped over the fence.  "This should prove interesting!" I mused to myself in my thoughts.  It took Maggie a few moments to catch on until she saw that cat.  You had never heard more ferocious barking than what was spewing from Maggie's mouth.  It was like having a front row seat to a much ballyhooed boxing match.  Maggie won as the cat finally figured out how to jump back over the fence.  That was one funny and wild cat chase for a moment there. 

3 comments:

I'm The Momma, That's Why! said...

Hi Sir Andrew!

Glad Maggie got to use her hunting skills this morning! If she's like my dogs - she wouldn't know what to do with the dang cat if she caught it!?! Rascal & Dixie have learned the word 'snake' and will just go nuts if you say, "Where's the snake?". They both start running all over the yard sniffing and looking everywhere .. .. .. keeps them busy for 20 or 30 minutes! If they actually find one, they paw at it and bark like crazy until it slides under the fence. Snakes give me the creeps!

Glad those awful storms didn't hit ya! Saw the news and was a little worried (I'm a Mom - it's my job)! So sorry if you had friends or family that were hit. Being in a storm prone area, I know how bad it can be.

Back to my NASCAR qualifying .. .. have a good night.

Grannie in Florida

(M)ary said...

my dog can see thru the fence as it is chain linked. this means he barks at cats, racoons, rabbits and other dogs from far away!

justLacey said...

My dog has a rabbit he goes after when it's dumb enough not to get out of Doge first. A few weeks ago he actually caught it, but it survived. This week it was back again and nearly got it again.