Monday, February 09, 2009

Twitter - The Double Edged Sword...

I can't remember how long I've been using Twitter.  At least a year now I think.  Initially, I found most of the people I follow through The Homeless Guy.  Meaning they lived in Nashville.  So when the Tennessee Titans played, I got mainly NFL theme Twitters.  That was a drag and a small minority of Nashvillians who twitted a lot filled my Twitter screen.  That got old quick.  

I mainly wanted a way to micro blog.  I didn't much care for the social chat aspects.  I just wanted to share what was going on in between the lines of my meatier blog posts.  You will find people that spend all day using Twitter as a chat client.  Tiresome to me. I wanted to be able to Twit about Maggie and not take up a whole blog post to do it.

Lately, I found Amy Palko from Scotland.  She's a busy Twitter person and her following just continues to grow.  I checked out her followers and found all kinds of new and interesting people to follow.  My Twitter tweets went from mundane to interesting overnight.  Now, I am hearing about the Alps, or holidays in Spain.  The weather in Britain, and life overseas.  Twitter is interesting again to me and I needed it.  I was about to quit, tired of my Nashville following.  

5 comments:

Berryvox said...

Haha, I had a similar problem. I made the mistake of putting up my twitter profile on an Entrecard message board and then following everybody who followed me. After a few days, my twitter log was filled with people promoting their (dreadfully boring) 'make money online' blogs. I'm still trying to pare down my list.

Kathy said...

I have a Twitter account, but am not using it at all.

Cheryl said...

I've ignored Twitter...not on purpose. Just spread thin these days.

(M)ary said...

hmmm...you tempt me to try twitter.

Tamara said...

are u still useing this blog? Just curious