Saturday, February 28, 2009

Silly Bugger...

I just drove home from my parent's house.  Dad was off from work and watching the weather.

"It is 70 degrees outside," I said to him deflated.  "Surely it is not going to snow like they say it is."

"It's a cold core low," he replied. "It is bringing the cold weather with it."

I couldn't get dad to bet with me that is wasn't going to snow.  The loser was going to have to grill out hamburgers one night next week.

The bradford pears are blooming.  I thought is was early, but dad says it is about time.  I can't wait for summer to get here. 

2 comments:

josie2shoes said...

I so enjoy your eagerness for thunderstorms and snow, Andrew. I too love the raw beauty of such extremes and the powerf of nature behind them. Keep thinking snow, it's not too late in the year for it to happen yet! :-)

Kathy said...

The Bradford pears are always one of the first signs of spring, aren't they? Well, we've had snow fall with them blooming, too. Arkansas got four inches of snow and Atlanta is supposed to get around two...We'll see!