Sunday, February 08, 2009

Faux Spring...

It is a gorgeous day.  I sat for the longest time on my back deck in the sun smoking pipe after pipe of pungent pipe tobacco.  Maggie stayed right with me and got lots of attention. 

Maggie is pouting with me now, though.  I had to put on her anti-flea treatment and she hates it.  She will pout for about 2 or 3 days avoiding me.  You would think I did something as so drastic as to abuse her.  She is such a funny dog.

My mind is clear and bright today.  Not the usual dark and dingy mental illness pall that can befall me.  I pray for mornings like today when I get out of bed feeling rested and mentally healthy.  If you are of a sane mind then thank your maker. 

6 comments:

becomingkate said...

Mornings like this make me thankful! Glad yours is going well, too.

Kathy said...

Enjoy the sunshine! It makes us all feel better!

(M)ary said...

hm....we had spring like weather today but i didn't start the flea treatment yet because i think it will get cold again here and the fleas won't come out for awhile...cross fingers, hope it is okay to wait another month.

oh btw...that is flea treatment for my dog not me. the way i wrote that makes it sound like i am taking the treatment.

Tee said...

I think this spring-like weather is helping all our mental attitudes. The short days of winter just makes it hard to be cheerful. Poor Maggie, my cat used to foam at the mouth when treated for fleas, so I just started combing him, he loves that!

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I think the pipe tobacco helps dissipate the mental darkness.

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

happyone said...

Glad you're feeling well today.
We had a nice sunny day too.