Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Giving my all...my all gave out...

I struck out with good intentions this morning.  Maggie was on her leash, and I was bundled up in my best walking clothes.  It was 5 AM and the sun wasn't due for another two hours.  I couldn't sleep and woke up with the mantra, "get in shape!" bouncing around in my head.  I made it two measly blocks before I got winded and cold.  So much for good intentions.  Maggie had the best time, though, as this was so out of our regular routine.

The hearing the cicadas delusion is making me long for summer.  I am tired of these chilly and drab days.  The forsythias and daffodils are already blooming this deep South so I know spring is around the corner.  I can't wait for my heirloom rose to start blooming again.  It will need a trim come spring.    

10 comments:

justLacey said...

I think walking in the cold is hardest of all. Somehow it hurts almost. Here in the summer, it's brutally hot. Maybe almost as bad as walking in the cold.

Kathy said...

Andrew! Two blocks is a great start!!! Tomorrow do that and a little bit more. "For it matters not how small the beginning may seem to be, what is once well done, is done forever."

happyone said...

I was going to say what Kathy already said. It's a great start. Once you get in the habit of walking you won't want to stop. :-)

Kevin said...

you should do it again tomorrow Andrew, Maggie will love you for it!

Cheryl said...

I did my 1 mile walking DVD yesterday and today. It felt paltry, but it was a start. You have to start somewhere. You've started and that counts for a lot. Hope you keep it up.

Jami said...

Excellent start, Andrew! Be heart healthy!!

Summer said...

I bet that Maggie girl was in heaven for two blocks!

(M)ary said...

spring...the time when the dog tracks in melting snow and mud but it is soooo worth it because the weather is warmer!

Leann said...

Keep plugging along Andrew. It's the small steps that all add up.

amelia said...

Maggie will just love it. Do it for her!!