Saturday, April 04, 2009

Disheveled...

George was a wreck this morning at Fat Albert's.  He looked like he had been up all night.  Red shot eyes.  Disheveled clothes. 

"Don't even ask me how I made it into work," he told me.

It made me feel so grateful that I don't drink these days. 

"Mom wants you to came and eat Sunday dinner with us tomorrow," George said. "I was going to call you."

Mrs. Jones is one of the best Southern cooks I have ever encountered.  I am unsure if I will go, but the thought was nice. 

4 comments:

(M)ary said...

oh. sunday dinner sounds tempting.

Tammi said...

Yup,I don't miss those mornings after pulling a drunk the night before....UuGH!

Dear Liza said...

Can I go to george's house for dinner, too? I remember previous posts about his moms cooking....

Hope you are feeling wonderful today. Hugs, friend.

Cheryl said...

I remember Mrs. Jones's food and how nice she is. George is very lucky to have a caring mother. He's got to be a very hard son to deal with.