Friday, April 10, 2009

Heaping Piles of Food...

I watched as mom ate two heaping plates of food today at lunch.

"Geez, you must've been hungry," I told her.

Helen fried hamburger steaks with onion gravy, mashed potatoes, and English peas.  It was a meal I had requested and thoroughly enjoyed.

"I am going to get fat again," mom said as she cleaned her plate.

After lunch, I went shopping for a new computer keyboard.  The one that came with my Dell was lacking.  I braved the dreaded Wal-Mart only to walk out victorious and I didn't see my ex-wife thankfully.  She lives at such places and it is a small town.   

8 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

what are english peas?
it all sounds so delicious!

have a nice Easter Andrew!!!

becomingkate said...

Dinner sounds great! I should make hambrger steaks tomorrow night.
Have a nice Easter!

Justfly said...

What is a hamburger steak?

Kathy said...

I didn't know you were married!

Kimmywoo said...

Well done Andrew. Shopping centres (or malls as you American people like to call them) are scary for people with anxiety. Victory is the right word!

Leann said...

Oh Andrew it sounds yummy!! It's been too long since I've had southern cooking.

Summer said...

Happy Easter Birthday!

Portia said...

Our town is the same way. I have to be in a social mood just to go grocery shopping.