Friday, April 03, 2009

The Bearded Dragon...

I hadn't shaven in several days.  It will literally drive mom and dad crazy.  They will gather together in an intervention of sorts.

"Shave tomorrow," dad said last night.

"I think I am going to keep a goatee," I replied.

"You look like homeless people," dad said frowning.

Mom called this morning worried.  They see it as signs my mental illness is worse.

"What kind of razor do you use?" mom asked.

"Gillette Mach 3 Turbo," I replied.

"I am going now to get you a new razor and blades," mom said upon me saying my razor was dull.

Mom arrived at my house a moment ago along with Helen.

"Those blades cost $21 dollars," mom said aghast. 

"You will look better after shaving baby," Helen chimed in.

I just laughed and got in the bathroom to shave.  All this over a 3 day shadow.  

13 comments:

kristi said...

I know those blades are expensive!! Wal Mart has started locking them up.

Jenn said...

My husband uses those same blades and we have to plan purchasing them i the budget! It's terrible.

Brad said...

I've been meaning to mention that razor on my blog. I bought a new one last week and wasn;'t paying attention and grabed the turbo. I wouldn't have normally got it if I'd been paying attention. Thinking it was just a gimic. I was blown away - that thing works like a champ!

Is it funny the things people choose to focus on? Tell your folks it's healthy to grow out your beard once in a while. It's good for your skin to have a rest from shaving.

Asphalt Blogger said...

I use those blades too:) I found this on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Gillette--Mach-3-Turbo-Blades_W0QQitemZ180342778679QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090402?IMSfp=TL090402152007r20780

just by googling it! I LOVE GOOGLE! lol Hope it helps. Take care and be good to yourself...and to someone else!

Jami said...

Now THAT is a funny story!

Tee said...

LOL! Tell them you are resting your face. Congrats on day 500!!!!

Lena said...

I know you made your parents' day. It is a small thing but it matters to them.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

What is the problem with wearing a moustache and/or beard if that is what you wish?

Did Ulysses S. Grant, Ernest Hemingway, Sigmund Freud, Robert E. Lee, or Charles Darwin look like homeless men because they wore a beard?

Did Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, William Faulkner, or Theodore Roosevelt look like a bum because they wore a moustache?

[sigh]

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

justLacey said...

Maybe you would like an electric shaver better. I bought my husband one of those Braun ones and he uses it often.

Kathy said...

So how do you look?

(M)ary said...

well just to be contrary, i am going to say "don't shave!"

NellJean said...

Helen's family just doesn't realize what her REAL occupation is and how important it is. Not everyone is so fortunate to have someone who gives such gentle encouragement.

Cheryl said...

I use the Gillette Mac 3 but haven't tried the turbo. Yes they're expensive! I buy them from Sam's Club in bulk, but at least they last a long time.

Happy day!