Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sleeping Beauty...

It is customary for me to call mom before driving over to get my sodas.  I can't call before ten or it will wake her up.  Well, I started calling at ten and couldn't get her on the home phone or her cell phone.  I was beginning to worry something bad had happened until I finally got her on the phone. 

"I was just laying down and didn't want to answer the phone," she said.

"Royalty..." I muttered.

"Why did you call me that?" mom asked.

"That's what dad calls you when you do these kinds of things.  You are too good to be bothered."

Mom was so sorry for making me worry something bad had happened. 

"I'm gone to get yours and our groceries now," she told me.

I hung up the phone and shook my head.  I really was worried about her and almost drove over.  I don't know where Helen was when all this was going on.   I guess I am just being a busy body myself today. 

5 comments:

kristi said...

LOL...well there is nothing wrong with checking in on your Mom!

Lena said...

I worry about my mom when she does not answer the phone.

You are a good son.

Kathy said...

Of course you were worried! You're a good son.

skinny minny said...

one time when my folks didn't answer their phone for a couple of days for me or my sisters I got the police in the very tiny town they lived in to go check on them. turned out to be that their ringer was turned off by accident they were fine and I think got mentioned in the town paper! LOL!

Portia said...

better safe than sorry:)