Monday, April 13, 2009

Mother Nature's Wrath...

Maggie woke me this morning to walk at four and it was storming something crazy.  Vivid flashes of lightning lit up the sky followed by house shaking thunder.  I got out of the bed long enough to sit in the dark of my den and listen to the pounding rain for awhile.  At one point, the tornado siren down the street went off causing Maggie to start howling loudly.  It was an other-worldly event and sound. 

Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday.  I appreciated it very much.  The main gift I am getting from my father is to get my Honda cleaned up, the radio fixed, and my 100,000 mile service at the Honda dealership.  Mom got me a wonderful framed mural of all the various steam engines the traveled the Chattahoochee Valley Railway since the eighteen hundreds.  You know me and trains so I really liked that gift.  It looked much more expensive that it actually was.  

6 comments:

becomingkate said...

Nice gifts! I could use some service on my brakes :)
BTW, I made hamburger steaks last night. They turned out great!

Kathy said...

Great gifts -- both of them! I saw you all had horrible storms this morning. Hope everyone in your area is okay.

Just a Girl said...

I can't wait to hear the first bout of thunder here. Even though it was probably unsettling in a sense, I envy it. Then, I am a storm enthusiast. I am one of them strange folks that go and stand outside when sirens are going off :o) Trains are very, very neat. Lots of history in trains.

happyone said...

A rainy drizzly morning here when I walked. I saw a dog wearing a raincoat! :-)

CRUSTYBEEF said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Sounds like you had a great day!

And did you enjoy the thunderstorms? I'm glad you're okay!!

Happy birthday again!

Portia said...

This post reminded me of a great slide show I got by email of the Alaska Railway, so I sent it to you. I hope you like it.