Saturday, July 21, 2007

Breakfast Moment


Succulent biscuits, melt in your mouth center, a pool of real butter on the plate as it drips from the edge. Ham and cheese omelets, carefully flipped, with cheddar oozing from the fold. Crispy bacon, with a hint of smoked hickory flavor. Steaming mugs of coffee with milk and sugar, looking like caramel and tasting of exotic places like Colombia.

Lingers of moments, aftertaste of thoughts. You smile for a laugh. I reach for your hand. The way you tell me of your day yesterday and play with your hair. My hand wraps around your head as I pull you close. We kiss, hard and delicious. I taste you still. All I have left is hope and optimism that this will lead to something more. Its tastes good over breakfast with you.

6 comments:

Summer said...

OK, you just made me sigh and I think I put on ten pounds.

Debo Blue said...

Wow, I can't wait to read your description of dessert:-)

Nice site. I'll be back!

M said...

Lovely. My favorite Andrew posts: breakfast, lunch and dinner (-:

Eric said...

I am blushing and hungry at the same time...you are a great writer.

60aip96d said...

Golf Instruction Guaranteed to Shave a Couple of Strokes off Your Game and Smooth out Your Golf Swing at the Same Time.

60aip96d said...

Golf Instruction Guaranteed to Shave a Couple of Strokes off Your Game and Smooth out Your Golf Swing at the Same Time.