Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Could Get Used to You

The other night, we hit my favorite restaurant – seafood platter piled high with fried shrimp, oysters, fish, and crab. Shit, I ate it so fast I almost forgot about my baked potato and the onion rings – icing on the cake. Later in the evening, in from the oppressive July heat, we sat in my den, full and lazy, like some stodgy married couple set in our ways. I was busily flicking through all the channels endlessly with the remote until you complained and told me to pick a channel so we could actually watch TV. It was uncannily like the many nights I would spend with my family as a child with mom telling dad the same thing. "Johnny, find a channel and stop," she would complain. My father would grunt and tune it to the weather channel as my mother sighed. I did the same thing the other night and you sighed as well.

I could get used to you…

14 comments:

justLacey said...

I think you're in love.

K.G. said...

i LOVE your style of writing! You hook the reader, and get them wanting more.

I'll definetly be back again soon.

Creative Wishes,

Krystin

eggplantlegs said...

Hello! I've been an avid reader of your blog for quite some time. I love your style of writing, so I'm always reading your entries. Keep up the good work!

Joshua said...

Good writing!

Summer said...

I sighed again.

Barb said...

Bring it on, Romeo!!!

Claudia said...

awww...

xxfouryounginxx said...

haha, thats great.

Jules said...

You're very talented.

Teresa Tayag said...

Enjoyed reading your writing so much. You write with such sensitivity and really touch the emotions. Wishing you the best with your book, too.

A.M. Shelley said...

Wow, so I stumbled onto your page by accident. I like your style of writing. I'll definitely keep an eye on your page.

justLacey said...

Well aren't you getting quite the following.

Eric said...

'I could get used to you" that says it all!

60aip96d said...

Golf Instruction Guaranteed to Shave a Couple of Strokes off Your Game and Smooth out Your Golf Swing at the Same Time.