Friday, July 20, 2007

The Morning After or How I Lost My Mental Virginity

You brush up against me as I stand in front of the stove cooking breakfast. You have on my flannel shirt from yesterday and a pair of skimpy panties. Your feet are bare and I tell you to put on some socks, scoldingly (yes, I made up this word). "Are you hungry?" I then ask. "I am hungry for more of you," you growl with a Cheshire grin. My heart palpitates as thoughts of last night's love making session stir within me. We stayed up last night, well after midnight, behind closed bedroom doors. We explored each other's bodies and became one for a few short hours.

Morning arrived much to my lament. We sit and eat breakfast. "I like a man that can cook," you say. I smile as I place a spoon ladled with succulent eggs into my mouth. Food and sex. It is enough to overload the pleasure center of my brain. I'm thoroughly content that the most basic of my human needs are being met. "I will see you tonight," she finally says as she pulls on her jeans, shoes, and runs out the door for work. She turns in the yard to blow me a kiss. I sigh. It's going to be a long and lonely day without her.

This post was inspired after listening to Dr. Laura tonight. "You don't normally fall in love with your friends or think of them in a sexual way," she said on the radio. I sat with a glazed look in my eyes as thoughts of Rosa came to mind. Who wouldn't want to fall in love with their best friend? I mused. It is what dreams are made of. Too bad Rosa would be completely socially unacceptable to my family. Yes, this post is a bit of mental masturbation seeing my real world plumbing is not up to snuff these days. I always have my daydreams.

8 comments:

Pen and the Sword said...

That really is true, speaking from personal experience. I was lucky enough to marry my best friend in life. We have been together over 5-1/2 years now. So unlike my first marriage... yeesh... don't even get me started on that! LOL

Shnoukys said...

your blog is simple, but truly amazing. I don't know you, but all I want to say is I'm proud of you.

justLacey said...

and where would we be without daydreams?

abbagirl74 said...

funny you should ask that question. i fell in love with my best friend four years ago. it hasn't been the same between us since he got a girlfriend and I have Josh. i do miss him very much and i think about him every day. weird world.

Karin's Korner said...

I also fell in love with my best friend, then I married him almost 5 years ago and today he is still my best friend. My first marriage was a disaster and when I finally got out (after 20 years) I found the one man that was for me. I wish you all the luck and wish if it did happen, and you were in love with Rosa, your family would be happy that you found someone that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.

Trying2BMe said...

Dr. Laura may not know all that she thinks she does. I want nothing more than to fall, madly, deeply in love with my best friend. When the physical fades, and it usually does, I still want the person that I trust and have the best conversations with there by my side.

As for the "mental masturbation", we all do it, just most deny it. Remember being "intimate" isn't necessarily sex, so find what satisfies those desires and go with it.

Sinking said...

I stumbled on your blog and this post made me smile. Thanks x

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I agree 100% with trying to be me.
Hope you're doing well.
Always,
crusty~