Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Home


I am so damn happy. It is so wonderful here that I feel like I am on vacation. I keep turning to Maggie to say, "Can you believe that we actually live here? These are our sunsets. These are our streets. I mean, this is like our very own home!" Unfortunately, Maggie doesn't share in my exuberance, nor does she understand what I am saying. She does understand O-U-T-S-I-D-E. I have to spell it out just like I wrote it to not get her excited when Charlie, Rosa, or my father are over here.

Also, there are neighbors and they like me. Not often do I walk out of the house and don't get caught by Joyce or Ed down the street. We talk about neighborly things such as the weather, or my sister-in-law's newly found-out pregnancy. It will be her and my brother's second child. News travels fast in this little, small Southern town.

Today, I am editing my book for the umpteenth time; in my own computer room full of geeky goodness like computers, new desks and chairs, and shelves upon shelves of software and parts for future computers. Motherboards. Processors. Little boxes of random access memory. All just sitting and waiting for the perfect moment when I get the urge to tinker and build. And then there is the soft and comfortable bed in here that I will sometimes lie upon at night while I listen to the radio streaming over the internet. Things are coming together. Glorious. It is the only word that really comes to mind right now. This all feels so grown-up with smells of fresh paint, newly shellacked wood floors, and a kitchen filled with matching white appliances. I think I am finally home.


22 comments:

Leann said...

I'm so excited for you Andrew!! Your very own place without prying eyes seeing everything you do, altho albite good intentioned eyes.

Enjoy my friend, you sooooo deserve it.

Annabel said...

This just makes me smile. It is a joy to have your own home, isn't it! You are a lucky man indeed!

fiwa said...

There's no place like home. :)
So glad you're enjoying yours and feeling good about things. Are you still getting a new camera? I hope so, I've been missing your nature shots. (I'm assuming the picture of your house in this post is and older shot)

darla said...

Hi Andrew! If this is a pic of your house... it looks cute! It looks like "home". I'm sure you and Maggie make it feel like "home", too. You should be so proud and happy!
I'm sending good vibes your way!

Moonroot said...

So happy to hear you sounding so happy!

Sandra Ferguson said...

Just found your blog through a blog to a blog link . . . and glad that I did.

Congrats on the house. More importantly, congratulations on finding home.

Josie Two Shoes said...

This was so wonderful to read, Andrew. It sounds like you are truly happy in your new house and it's feeling more like home everyday. I know this will contribute to your overall feelings of wellbeing, you need never be homeless again! :-)

Chertiozhnik said...

Way to go, and all the best in your new home!

Cheryl said...

What a happy, happy post. I'm so thrilled for you. This is your's, forever.

Ruth said...

Very happy for you, Andrew.

sonja said...

Hey there Andrew,

Been reading your blog for sometime now.Real good, interesting stories!

I think you should check out the game Second Life in your free time. You may like it. :)

Ciao~~

amelia said...

Wonderful, happy, post!!!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Welcome home, andrew-MAZEL TOV!
Always,
crusty~
I tried second life-didn't feel comfortable doing it all that much..it's an interesting experience though-Regarding sonja's comment.

Have a good evening.

Pen and the Sword said...

That's great news, Andrew. Good for you! :o) And from the pic you have there, it looks really cute, too.

Tee said...

Your last sentence says it all. Your new home reminds me so much of the house where I grew up. It brought back so many memories of my childhood.

Eric said...

Welcome home, Andrew

Eric said...

By the way, I don't remember if I mentioned that I found a great site from one of your ads, Helium.com. I am thoroughly enjoying myself there. Thanks for the ad.

austere said...

superb post, andrew!

Stavros Hatzikonstantis said...

4stepsurfkit.blogspot.com

SomeCatchingUpToDo said...

Great happiness to you Andrew! Maybe the title of your blog could now be 4th Avenue Joy? :-)

Thanks for sharing your blog!

EE said...

Congrats on the new place, Andrew!!!
P.S. You need to water your lawn;)

Tiffanie said...

You made a video in February of the house. Can you make an updated one now? With it finished? You talk about sitting on your porch, is that the front porch?