Thursday, July 12, 2007

Finis

My much touted and ballyhooed book is finished. I put the finishing touches on it this morning. It came out to be 320 pages. Now, I need to see about getting up the money to get self published and order some boxes of printed copies. I long ago gave up on my grand dreams of being discovered by my blog and given a contract to write a book about my life and Rosa and the gang. I would really love giving out copies of my book to family members for Christmas. My sister and father would love some of the real life elements of my grandmother's many years I weaved into the tales of the tome. It was also so satisfying when I wrote that last sentence and saved the file to a DVD for safe keeping. Finis.

Not much is going on in my world today other than taking Rosa and her granddaughter to breakfast and then to the park. It is supposed to be a gorgeous day sans rain and storms and with low humidity. I look forward to a sun filled afternoon of warmth, azure skies, and puffy clouds. Well, let me go get in the shower and then put on my favorite summer outfit. I hope you all have a great day and I will write again around lunchtime of this morning's much needed adventure back to my childhood as experienced through another precious little soul. Good day.

12 comments:

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Have a terrific day today, Mr. 4th!
You never know about being discovered..you maintain this blog and eventually the TODAY show will catch wind of it. :) Course, imagine what that will do to your anxiety??!!
You remind me of Oz from the Wizard of Oz. At his best while remaining behind the curtain, so to speak.
Have a safe and great day!!!
Always,
Crusty~

CRUSTYBEEF said...

By the way, Many congratulations and Mazel Tov's on completing your book.
Have fun with Rosa and her Granddaughter, what a grand day it will be for you today..
Always,
Crusty~

abbagirl74 said...

I would love to purchase a copy of your book. Please consider it.

Ruth said...

I know everyone's proud of you. Not only did you begin an ambitious project under less than ideal circumstances but 320 pages later you completed it. That's something we can all aspire to. Congrats!!!

Please, please keep everyone "in the loop" about publishing. I would love to purchase a copy.

Gaviota_mx said...

Congratulations! I am sure giving your loved ones a copy of your book as a gift would be wonderful.

I admire the honesty in your writing. Best wishes.

EE said...

I think you could sell the book on your blog. I'll bet people would pre-order.
I also think that you should turn your blog into a book. People love reading about you and your life!

KYRIE said...

I am happy for u!
Have u considered sending ur manuscripts to publishers? Just google a couple and try ur luck maybe?
I know it can be a nail bitting process waiting for answers but it is worth a try. U do hv a lot of talent!
I know I probably sound like a moron whn it comes to literature and writing, since I hv always been a science geek but I do love reading ur writings.
Hey it is ur call and self publishing is a cool way to go too.
Wish u all the best!

Grad007 said...

I'd be interested in ordering your book too :)

Eric said...

Congrats on finishing your book. Sign me up for purchasing an autographed copy!

justLacey said...

Wow that is quite an accomplishment! I can't wait to read it.

jAMiE said...

I'd love to read your book too Andrew...maybe you'll give us readers of your blog the chance to purchase a copy?

Hope you enjoyed your day with Rosa and her granddaughter!

Natalie said...

Yes, I would buy one too! Please keep us posted...