Friday, July 06, 2007

Music to my Ears

It was cool and overcast this morning when I poked my head into my tent to survey the contents.

"Everything's fine," I told Rosa.

I had parked at the Post Office and we ran across the highway to behind the old mill. A train roared past just mere feet away as we stood on the old concrete loading dock behind that grand abandoned building where my tent was pitched.

"Isn't that going to keep you up at night?" Rosa asked, speaking of the clamorous train that was now disappearing down the tracks.

"Nah," I said, nonchalantly. "That is music to my ears."

"Come on," I then said. "Let's go get some breakfast."

We ended up eating Krispy Kreme chocolate glazed donuts and drinking coffee in my car in the parking lot of the convenience store not far from my father's pharmacy. I pulled out my Google Adsense check that had arrived yesterday from my glovebox and showed it to Rosa.

"Holy shit!" she exclaimed. "You made all this on the Internet?"

"I made a lot of it writing about you," I said as I smiled and then endorsed the check on my knee with a pen.

"I hope you are writing good things about me."

"Darling, you are the princess in my world."

Rosa smiled and blushed and then told me to quit being so gay. I burst out laughing.

This morning's wanderings ended with us at the bank depositing that check and then I drove Rosa up to the shopping center. She had some acquaintances she wanted to run into today. I have become thoroughly bored with hanging out down at the shopping center thus no posts about the gang in a long time.

11 comments:

shy_smiley said...

Isn't Rosa curious about what you write in your blog? Doesn't she read it? I wish Rosa blogged. I'd love to read her perspective on things.

I'm real interested in your social experiment on homelessness. I'll keep reading if you keep posting!

Have a great day.

Joy Renée said...

i enjoy your blog. i like your writing. it's free and natural. reminds me (slightly) of sandra cisneros.

justLacey said...

Rosa really made me laugh out loud today. I'm glad she is there with you keeping you company.

Redblur63 said...

You're a good writer. Hang in there. Good luck. I'll check back in from time to time.

abbagirl74 said...

Andrew,
Why don't you invite Rosa to be a guest writer on your blog? She doesn't have to go online to do it. Just have her write something out, then post it. I would love to read what she has to say every once in awhile. Just a thought. I know many of us wish you well on the camping. WooHoo! Summertime is here!

Roberta said...

I'm with Rosa. Please stop being so gay. It is not a laughing matter! Please also stop eating Krispy Kreme as they support minimum wage laws, which interferes with God's manifest density.

Roberta Shugs

jAMiE said...

Krispy Cremes, never had one of those...we have Tim Horton's doughnuts and coffee here... congrats on your cheque.

Enjoy the day Andrew

david santos said...

Godd work, thank you and hve a good weekend

~Vital~ said...

I love krispy kreme doughnuts! They have a factory here so you can get them waaay fresh! Andrew, I just love to read what you write. It's like snuggling up to a good book. The only thing I can say that may be negative about it is that I wish the entries were longer. I just want to keep reading more. Who knows,maybe one day(and only if it would be ok with you) I'll printyou whole blog, snuggle up on the couch and start reading each entry from day one.

Eric said...

I thoroughly enjoy the easy, friendly interaction between you and Rosa, she sounds great.

I am not much of a donut man, but Krispy Kreme are only tasty to me when they are hot out of the oven.

monique said...

Nice blog you have and love the writing.