Saturday, July 28, 2007

Goodbye is Always Hard

Rosa's daughter came and whisked her away to Atlanta. A feeling of dread overcame me as I watched them drive off. Rosa is my confidant and best friend and I don't know what I am going to do without her sage advice on life and other matters. "I'll see you in two weeks," she said as she smiled weakly. I waved goodbye and drove on home.

This afternoon found me and Dad sitting on my porch and talking. He came by just to visit.

"Do you think I can get a job, dad?" I asked him timidly.

"I think you need to give yourself some time," he replied. "You've done so well that I would hate for us to upset things."

He was right. I can always throw myself into my writings and this blog. I am actually making a decent income from the advertisements on this journal and should concentrate on bringing in more readers. I am already making close to the maximum I can make without upsetting my social security. I appreciate those of you that read and comment. You make it all worthwhile.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Andrew
I love reading your wonderful writting and I am glad that it benefits you as well as it benefits me. I wish you luck this week and next while Rosa is gone. Remember that you have us (your readers) here to support you during this time. Keep your head up and continue to grow the way you have been.

Hope to hear more from you soon

Melissa

Cheryl said...

Does this mean that you'll be getting a camera soon? You know I've been waiting.

I know you and Rosa will miss each other. I'm looking forward to seeing what adventures the next 2 weeks will bring. Maybe you'll get closer to your new neighbors?

Pen and the Sword said...

Well, my friend, you make the blog worth coming back to... so it's a win-win situation :o)

Stacy said...

She'll be back before you know it. I think your Dad is right, don't jump back into working yet. (especially because your doing so well with the advertisements). You are such an amazing writer, I enjoy your blog.

justLacey said...

Your dad is right, give yourself some time. I will be going back to work sometime in the near future. I have been off since my son was born almost 6 years ago and before that I worked 20 years for the school system. Now we are in a new place and I actually went to check out one of those private colleges the other day about a certification program so I can start a new career. Unfortunately, the cost was too much. When my baby starts school next month I will go over to the community college and see about their program. I know it's much cheaper and they have online study as well. I just feel inside that when the time is right, the right opportunity will present itself, which is the point I was trying to get to with you before I started to ramble.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I know that feeling of having to say goodbye..but by today its day 13 as I wrote on your posting regarding your diagnosed mental illness.

Do you think perhaps the reason you're thinking of getting a job is just to pacify the time until Rosa returns?
You could always deliver newspapers..getting up before even dawn wakes her eyes, throwing the morning addition on everyones driveway-it'd be you, and your car..
Just a thought..
Always,
Crusty~