Saturday, September 20, 2008

A New Measure of Things...

I ran into Big S this morning.  He's lost A LOT of weight.

"How are you losing weight?" I asked him.

"The economy," Big S said with a frown. "No one is giving these days. I'm not eating as much."

Big S then went on to tell me George is still drinking heavily.  I care a whole hell of a lot about George and wish he would quit.  He will have to hit his own personal low to do so though. 

I left Big S to go pick up some batteries at the dollar store.  I hope to catch some great photos of the leaves changing.  The change in seasons would always usually depress me, but I am excited this year.

5 comments:

justLacey said...

I am anxious to see your leaves changing. It doesn't happen here and I have only seen it once in NC. It was beautiful.

Tee said...

This weather is WONDERFUL! I have all my doors and windows open, the cool breeze is blowing, the A/C is off and I'm loving every minute of it. This type of weather makes we want to cook. I'm off to the kitchen to make some banana bread.

Kevin said...

man, it's sad, but i laughed when i read Big S was losing weight because of the economy.

(M)ary said...

i find the change of leaves beautiful. for some reason i love fall even more than spring. i suppose because winter is on the way so any warmth, any color is all the more special.

Kelly Jene said...

That's too bad about George. I've wondered about him.

I love your new header! Very autumn-y.