Sunday, September 07, 2008

Mister Green Knees...

"I am going to have a panic attack!" I pleaded with my father this morning as he cranked up a lawn mower and handed the reigns to me.

"Aw shit!" my father hollered over the loud mower. "Yard work will do you good."

Hours later: sweaty and green at my knees, we quit.

"Now don't you feel better?" dad asked, smiling, and drinking some icy cold water.

I drank my water and was in kind of a content trance.  I am so out of shape and an afternoon of yard work did me good. 

Most of all, it was bonding time spent with my father doing the thing he most loves to do.  He's 62 and not getting any younger.  I need to relish these times we share together. 

4 comments:

Summer said...

It did make you feel better didn't it? I painted a room today and I feel good about that.

BTW...I love Dr. Pepper. LOVE IT.

Leann said...

There's nothing like being in the out doors to make you feel better.

Cheryl said...

I agree. Keeping busy keeps panic attacks away. Plus the exercise is so good for you.

Lara said...

Gardening & yard work always gives me such a contented feeling. Sounds like it did you too. :)