Sunday, September 28, 2008

Biscuits Anyone?

I ended up eating breakfast with my father this morning.  He cooked Clarke Brother's sausage and homemade biscuits.  We then had a long discussion about my independence.

"I don't want you to start drinking again," he told me when I asked about receiving money again.

"I could easily be drinking now," I told him.

"How?"

"Pawn shop silly," I replied. "I have a ton of electronics at the house."

He scratched his chin and looked thoughtful.

"Give us a few more months," he said, picking his Atlanta Journal and Constitution newspaper back up to read.

I sulked home feeling defeated.  As I was driving home, I thought of Joyce and thought of how she would do anything to be in my shoes and alive.  I have a pretty nice life and lack nothing.  It was a glass half full or empty moment.  I chose the half full route.  I feel better.  Nothing can steal my thunder today.  

12 comments:

mosiacmind said...

hey andrew....it is so good to be able to read your blog and others. it is such a huge blessing to have my computer working. hope that you have a calm day with reading your magazines and maggie and such.

Mo said...

Ok, now I am craving biscuits and gravy. Shame on you! ;)

I am glad you are having a "nothing can steal my thunder" kind of day.

Sounds promising for the future.

BTW, congatulations for another day of sobriety.

Mo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Eric Valentine said...

Good for you for thinking things out and taking the positive route. Well done Andrew. :)

Nikita said...

hi Andrew, thought to pop in and say hi again! Glad to see you're still going strong!! and like always, loved reading here! busy with a uni-course till next year, so my blogging will slow down too...will try to pop in again soon! Take care! love

impromptublogger said...

I'm sorry your Dad keeps dashing your hopes. It sounds like he's waiting for your 1-yr anniversary of sobriety.

impromptublogger said...

I'm sorry your Dad keeps dashing your hopes. It sounds like he's waiting for your 1-yr anniversary of sobriety.

Sarah said...

hopes be dashed, you've still got the right attitude. Take care, be well :o)

Rene' Morris said...

I'll certainly take a biscuit! And good for you..never, ever let anyone steal your joy.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I am sorry your father again altered his plan for your life. Wasn't it originally April that was to be when you would be able to access some small percentage of your money? It is now nearly October.

Oh well, I am glad you are able to keep a happy attitude about it all. I do not think I could do so, myself.

PipeTobacco

justLacey said...

IT was originally April, but if we remember back Andrew asked his dad to wait a little longer to start giving him money. I thing you do have the right attitude and you should speak to your dad about starting on the one year of sobriety date with just a little at a time and see how it works. Good luck!

Cheryl said...

Half full is the best way. I hate to see you wait, but you've been doing that, and you're OK. Glad you two had time together.