Thursday, September 18, 2008

Make Mine Super SIZED!

Mom came to visit this afternoon.  She was in an uncommonly good mood.  Very spritely.

"I'm hungry," she said as she stood up after sitting awhile to the drone of The Weather Channel. "We're headed to Wendy's."

"We're?" I asked, standing up.

"Yes, we're," she said as she handed me her car keys. 

Before long, we were back at my house eating our hamburgers and fries.  This is such a treat for me and even Maggie got a single w/ cheese. 

Our discussion turned to our mental illnesses as it often does.  Mom wanted to know how different I thought my life would be without schizophrenia.

"I would probably be married with kids working some white collar job somewhere," I told her. "I certainly wouldn't be dependant upon you all."

"If I could do anything, it would be to change time and go back and fix that for you so you would have a normal life," mom told me with a tear erupting from the corner of her eye.

It was one of the nicest things my mother has ever said to me.  She is not the emotional type these days, like me, due to the emotional blunting our medications impart.   It only shows you how far a parent will go to help a wayward child.  

8 comments:

justLacey said...

I told you your mom carries the guilt of this. No parent wants to pass something on to their child that they have suffered through. I know it warms her heart to see you doing well. It makes her feel that you will be ok. And you will.

Tee said...

That's just how Mom are, they love their children and want the very best for them. She is an awesome woman!

Upsy-Downsy said...

Bonding moments are so wonderful even though they bring tears.

I love the new look to your blog, Andrew.

You are also a wonderful example to others with your same struggles. I am sure you help and inspire them greatly.

(M)ary said...

Do they have chicken wraps at your Wendy's? They have them for $1.49 up here in Indiana. LOVE THEM!

Chandira said...

That's so cool..
It's funy, my own mum is so over-emotional and sentimental, it drives me crazy sometimes. I guess I should be thankful she's good at telling me she loves me. Sometimes too much! ;-)

Now I really want a burger!!

Annabel said...

Reading your entry must have been the reason why I had Wendy's for dinner last night. I love these posts about you and your mom. You two have a great relationship.
Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I'm still reading almost every day though.

justLacey said...

I love the new fall look!

Eric said...

Seeing your progress must be a joy for your mom.

Now, I want to go to Wendy's...:D



www.goinggreenaccidently.blogspot.com