Friday, September 12, 2008

Ferret's Follies...

Did some scouting down at Ferret's old homeless campsite this morning with the intent on going camping.  It is by the grand Chattahoochee River within a stones throw of the municipal water treatment plant.  The Homeless Guy's recent article on Nashville's tent city got my interest in camping piqued.  The place is still heavily littered with beer cans, though.  And I would also be trespassing if I camped there. 

After leaving the campsite, I rode my mountain bike across the highway to the shopping center.  None of the gang regulars were out today. I would have liked to have talked to Big S for a bit. 

There was a call from Rosa when I arrived home.  We haven't talked in weeks and now she is wanting to borrow my car for a day.  No thanks!  I still miss her very much, but what is said and done is said and done.  There is no turning back to those blissful days when we were in love. 

7 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

Andrew, you sound so confident and this is so good. I know you don't think so, but your demeanor has changed and the change is for the better. You like yourself a lot more than you did a year ago! I'm proud of you...keep up the good work. Give Maggie an ear scratch from me.

justLacey said...

Strange how she would ask to borrow your car after all this time. I'm glad you are over it and able to say no.

justLacey said...

Chocolate is poisonous to dogs and Maggie being small it's more so. You can however, give her real peanut butter. My boxer loves it. Also, no grapes, tomatoes, onions and raisins. Some mushrooms too and when it rains here they grow in full force. If she eats something she shouldn't, give her a teaspoon or so of peroxide. It will make her vomit.

Anonymous Boxer said...

just wanted to say Hello!

and, to say JustLacey is correct - even though Maggie thinks she wants the chocolate..... it could kill her.

Kelly Jene said...

Your last few posts sound so good. I'm glad you are feeling strong.

Almost 300 days!

Cheryl said...

Go forth...that's my advice. The past is gone, there's only the future. Look out for #1.

Mo said...

Meant to write to you yesterday. Your comment about Rosa helped me make the final decision yesterday regarding someone in my past who is in financial dire straits.

Thank you for being strong and inspiring me to continue to be so.