Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pull up a chair and let me tell you about my railroad...

The old model railroad bug has bitten me very hard. It is all I think about, dream about, and ruminate about in my free time. Old Model Railroader magazines from decades past are pulled out and make a pile around me and my Lazy Boy lounger.

Mom came by this afternoon to see Maggie. In a sack was a 20 oz regular Coca-Cola.

"For me?" I asked.

"Thought you would enjoy a treat," mom replied.

It was one of the best tasting cokes I've had in ages and I savored every drop. I was especially keen on the caffeine jolt as such drugs are all I have left after becoming sober.

5 comments:

Mo said...

Is the new header picture one you took recently? It is spectacular!

Caffeine is good. Ok, not really but you know what I mean when I say good right? The bad kind of good...

I'm glad you have a passion bringing you joy.

Kelly Jene said...

I've been really into Pepsi lately. It kills my stomach, but just seems so satisfying. So when do we get more pics of your trains?

(M)ary said...

model trains are cool. i remember we moved into a house where someone had left his model train set up in the basement. great bonus for us little kids. of course we were hellions and ripped it to shreds eventually.

justLacey said...

You are living the life lately. I'm glad to see you are enjoying it. It's really the little things that bring the most joy.

happyone said...

Model railroading - a great hobby. My husband Ken has done it for many years. He has had his layout published in Model Railroader (July 2007). You may have come across his website at
horailroad.com.