Monday, September 29, 2008

Ladies Night Out...

Tonight is mom's night out at Julia's. They eat finger foods and gossip. "I wish they wouldn't talk about that Catholic Church so much," I can hear my mom say in my mind. She always says that afterwards.

I've spent the day reading old Model Railroaders and daydreaming. I drew out a track plan today for my front bedroom. It seems you always need more space for a model railroad.

Maggie's spent the day in the bed. It's a dog's day off. She is just being lazy. My much vaunted alarm system is not working up to snuff.

5 comments:

(M)ary said...

my mom would love that girls night out..well, if they are saying good things about the church.

Mel said...

You don't talk about work anymore. Have you retired from that job with Dad?

anjoe said...

Yes, even dogs can have a total relax day ;-)

wstaple said...

I've built a couple of train layouts, and I always found that I needed more room than I originally thought. Do yourself a favor and allow for about 25% more room than you think you'll need. You'll be glad you did. Good luck!

Tee said...

Your Mom's comment over on twitter cracked me up. She said exactly what you predicted.