Monday, September 22, 2008

Down Mother Lane...

It has been a completely uneventful day.  I've had a slight toothache and ran by mom's to get some Tylenol.  Helen was in the kitchen ironing dad's shirts.  She made a big fuss over seeing me and I told her how much I enjoyed the roast she cooked Friday for me. 

Mom was in the bed still in her pajamas when I walked back to her bedroom.   It was well after noon. 

"You going to sleep all day?" I asked in jest.

"I am dreading going to see mother at the nursing home this afternoon," mom replied.

I laughed and I shouldn't have, but my mom and her mother are like oil and water. 

"Will you go with me?" mom then asked, pleading, putting me on the spot.

"Uhhh. Errr," I stuttered. "I think I am having a panic attack."

Momma rolled her eyes and pulled the covers back over her head.  I laughed and laughed and then finally kissed her on the cheek and told her good luck.   

7 comments:

Jean said...

Well.

(That's what my Mamma used to say when she didn't want to say what she was really thinking.)

Cheryl said...

Amazing new header, Andrew. So, you made Mom go by herself? Shame :) Both of you afraid of grandma.

Kelly Jene said...

I hear you. I woulda done the same thing. :)

Eric said...

Panic attack to the rescue...:D




www.goinggreenaccidently.blogspot.com

Summer said...

Your hot pocket comment made me laugh. Go to You Tube and search out Jim Gaffigan and then the hot pocket routine. It's so funny!

Tee said...

Andrew, that was a cop out on your Mom. She supports you so much you should have supported her doing something she really didn't want to do, but it was something necessary she had to do--check on your Grandmother. She needed all the support she could muster. Besides, do you know why grandparents and grandchildren have such a bond? They have a common enemy! LOL!

justLacey said...

I have to agree with tee. Next time you want cigs your mom might have a panic attack.